PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE AND/ OR APPLICATION.
Outback Steakhouse Hong Kong (“Outback”, “we”, “our” or “us”) takes your privacy seriously by complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance – HKSAR’s Cap. 486. This Policy (“Policy”) applies to your personal information collected through our websites and online services, including www.outback.com.hk (the “Website”), our mobile application (the “Application”), Facebook Page and other Outback owned or operated websites and online services that link to this Policy (collectively, the "Online Services"). This Policy does not apply to websites and services that display or link to different privacy statements. Websites and services co-branded with other partners may display or link to a joint privacy statement or separate privacy statements of our partners in addition to our Policy.
What Data Do We Collect?
We collect information (“Data”) about you in a number of ways, including when you register for a membership account, purchase gift cards, make purchases in our restaurants, or when you use our Online Services. Personal Information collected by Outback may include but is not limited to:
- Personal information such as your username, password, name, birthday, mailing address, mobile phone number, and email address;
- Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information; and
- Optional information such as your gender, age, occupation, marital status, number of family members, salary range and demographic and lifestyle information about you, including restaurant location preferences, product use preferences and interest in wine, food, events, private dining, and catering.
How Do We Use Your Data?
We will only use your Data as described in this Policy to:
- Create an account for you on our Website and/ or Application;
- Communicate with you about products and services we offer, including sending you e-mails and text messages, for restaurant promotions, special offerings, gift cards and other important information;
- Analyze the use of our products and services;
- Administer contests and sweepstakes conducted by us, including disclosing the winner of any such contest and collection of prizes;
- Process of any payment instructions or credit facilities in relation to supply of products and services to you.
Will Your Data be Disclosed?
Outback does not sell your Data to third parties but we may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the Data was collected, provide such information to the following parties:
- Any affiliates and third parties who have agreed to protect your privacy. Such information sharing relates to:
· assist Outback’s in communicating with you about our offers;
· fulfill requests for products and services, improving our services, conducting research, and providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
· assist in providing our services (for example, to process credit and debit card transactions, conduct statistical analyses, and to comply with unsubscribe lists); and
· assist with loss prevention in cases of suspected fraud or theft.
- Any governmental, legal or regulatory authority in Hong Kong under the requirements of any law binding on;
- Any company who may purchase some or all of Outback’s assets in the future.
Outback may combine personal and non-personal information we collect or obtain with other information we obtain from third parties. We may transfer your information to Outback’s partners and affiliates for this purpose. Outback may also share aggregated information that cannot be used to identify you with our clients and business partners.
Use of Data in Direct Marketing
We intend to use your Data in direct marketing with your consent. When you provide your Data, you will be asked to choose if you would like to receive promotional materials from us. We will occasionally send updates about our latest products and services, as well as promotional offers to those who subscribe.
If you would not like to receive any promotional updates from us, please contact us to unsubscribe. You may also choose not to receive notifications from us via your mobile phone in the Application “Settings” page.
Your unsubscribe request will take effect on the tenth working day from the day we receive your request.
If you opt out of receiving promotional updates from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications such as emails about your membership accounts or our ongoing business relations.
How Do We Protect Your Data?
We work to protect your Data both online and offline by using appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration.
We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. Employees who violate Outback’s customer privacy safeguards are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
When we share your Data with third party service providers as described above, we only provide those third parties with the Data necessary to perform their service and we require that they protect your Data and not use it for any other purpose. We cannot, however, ensure or guarantee the security of any Data you send to us and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords and any account information.
The security of your Data also depends on the protection by you of your login password. Please do not disclose your login password to unauthorized people.
How Long Do We Retain Your Data?
Your Data will be retained by us for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the original or directly related purposes for which it was collected. When you ask us to delete your personal information, we may need to retain if the purpose for which the Data was collected still exists, it is so required by law, statue or regulation, or it is in the public interest.
When you use the Website and/ or Application, or open an email from us, we may automatically collect your Data using tracking technology, including Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), a unique device or user identification, system and browser type, the referring address website, the content and domain pages that you access on the Website and/ or Application, and the dates and times that you use the Website and/ or Application. We use technology, including cookies (a piece of data that is placed on your computer when you visit a website) to automatically collect certain information, as described above, that we then use for system administration and website maintenance, troubleshooting, and to identify you when you open our e-mail or visit/ use the Website or Application so we can enhance your online experience and make our advertising more relevant. We may also offer certain features that are only available through the use of this technology.
You can set your browser to accept or reject cookies and to disable other tracking technology. Third party sites may also provide additional opt-out methods.
We may also lawfully obtain additional information about you from other sources, including affiliates, advertising partners, and public databases. All of the information we collect allows us to better understand the products and services we think may be of interest to you.
Information about Underaged
We strive to create an online and offline environment that is respectful of families. In that light we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18.
However, as we cannot distinguish the age of persons who access our Online Services, this Policy applies to all who use/access our Online Services. If a child has provided us with personal information without the consent of his parent or guardian, the parent or guardian should email us to request the removal of the information.
Policy Effectiveness and Changes
In the event of inconsistency between the English and the Chinese version of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.
Our Contact Information
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that any communication or material transmitted to us via this Website, Application or e-mail will be transmitted on a non-confidential basis.
Updated in October 2017